26 October 2006

Why Most of Famous People doing a vegetarian ?

Why have so many of today's famous faces taken the vegetarian plunge? Many, such as Russell Simmons and Pamela Anderson, don't want to support the cruelty implicit in producing meat, dairy products, and eggs. According to Russell, "Cruelty is cruelty, whether it’s cruelty to children, to the elderly, to dogs and cats, or to chickens." Pam agrees: "Chickens, pigs, and other animals … are interesting individuals with personalities and intelligence. … What people need to understand is that if they're eating animals, they are promoting cruelty to animals." Let's face it: There's nothing glamorous about chewing on the corpse of a tortured animal.

Alicia Silverstone notes how much better vegetarian diets are for your health: "Since I've gone vegetarian, my body has never felt better and my taste buds have been opened up to a whole new world. It's one of the most rewarding choices I've ever made and I invite you to join me in living a healthy, cruelty-free lifestyle." Indeed, studies show that a vegetarian diet promotes a healthy heart—and that helps stars maintain a youthful vigor and boundless stamina while on stage, in the studio, and on the field. GoVeg.com

Sir Paul McCartney : "If anyone wants to save the planet, all they have to do is just stop eating meat. That's the single most important thing you could do. It's staggering when you think about it. Vegetarianism takes care of so many things in one shot: ecology, famine, cruelty." GoVeg.com


Alec Baldwin: "Every time we sit down to eat, we make a choice. Please choose vegetarianism. Do it for … animals. Do it for the environment, and do it for your health." GoVeg.com


Brandy: "I am a vegan now, and it was a conscious decision. I studied a lot about African culture and health and the best way to take care of the body. … I really wanted to be healthy. I found out a lot about the body and what [drugs] they put in meat. My taste buds started changing, and I didn't crave [meat and dairy products] anymore." GoVeg.com

Toby McGuire: "It was a lot easier for me to lose the weight rather than putting it back on when I had to start shooting Spider-Man 2 because I'm a vegetarian, and it feels uncomfortable if you feel you're eating too much." GoVeg.com

0 comments: